Our experience at A Place in the Sun in the UK taught us a lot about future Brits moving to Spain.
We spent last weekend unapologetically gushing about our region at the Place in the Sun Exhibition in Birmingham. Here are our takeaways:
– We found that approximately 80% of people are coming to the area looking for a bolt hole in the Sun to use as a holiday home with a view to retire and spend more time here in the future. Everyone we met was talking about coming over for a change of lifestyle and that although the property itself was important, the move was more about integrating into a typical Andalucian lifestyle. Budgets of between 50,000€ – 100,000€ were especially popular.
– BREXIT, the one word on everyone’s lips. Whereas at the last edition we attended we noticed that people were unsure about the current climate and preferred to wait a while before making the move, at this edition in Birmingham we noticed that people we looking to leave because of Brexit.
– One of the more surprising things we learnt over the weekend was that some people didn’t think of Málaga as part of Andalucia and hadn’t realized that you could be within an hour of the airport and still be immersed in the typical Spanish lifestyle.
– It was also lovely to meet clients in person that we had been chatting over email with previously. People were planning trips over before Christmas with a view to buy as soon as they find the perfect property!
– As previously mentioned, townhouses were our most requested type of property however there was still interest in country properties and urbanisations.
This isn’t our first venture to an international property exhibition. We also take part in the Second Home Expo in Utrecht twice a year and have featured in the Brussels and Gent editions of the fair. We are so proud to be representing our beautiful valley overseas.
- What prospective British expats look like and what property they’re looking for in Spain - 13 Oct, 2018 @ 15:16
- How to stage your home in Spain for a viewing in three easy steps - 4 Aug, 2018 @ 16:49
- Grapevine Properties – Our Frequently Asked Questions - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 07:24
- What’s so great about inland Malaga? - 27 May, 2018 @ 11:28