A BRITISH man is believed to be missing from Malaga.
Por lo visto ha desaparecido un hombre de nacionalidad Británica, mayorcito,canoso y con arrugas que iba en bicicleta,…
Roger Hanks, 73, has not been seen since flash floods wreaked havoc on Malaga and inland areas last week.
Hanks was last seen in the El Rodeo area in Coin.
He likes to cycle and had two dogs.
His home – a rustic self-made property by a bridge across the Pereila River around three miles from Coin which is a 40-minute drive north of Marbella – was washed away by last week’s floods.
Police are understood to have tried but failed to locate him via the signal from his mobile.
Fellow expat Shelley Exley added: “Apparently they’ve found his dogs safe and sound but not Roger.
“The police are trying to trace his mobile. Let’s see what this brings. The idea someone has disappeared makes me very sad.”
A post appealing for information read: “The poor man had no home and had made a shed near the Toblerone bridge. Not been seen since the flood.
“The Guardia Civil of Coin asks citizens for any information about this man.”
The Guardia Civil organised a search this morning.
More to follow…
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15