?? ¡IMÁGENES MUY FUERTES! Un toro usado en las fiestas de Mejorada del Campo se rompe las patas nada más salir del cajón. ¡Basta ya de crueldad!
— PACMA (@PartidoPACMA) October 12, 2018
THIS is the moment a bull was filmed dragging itself along a street after breaking its hind legs, as it is forced to jump from a van at a Spanish festival.
The shocking footage filmed in the village of Mejorada del Campo near Madrid was shared by the Animalist Party Against the Mistreatment of Animals (PACMA) on their Twitter account.
As the bull smacks down onto the concrete its two back legs snap instantly and the large animal then drags itself helplessly along the street.
It is unclear whether the animal was then put down, but reports said that the ramp the bull was released with was placed too high for it to be safe.
PACMA have reported the incident as animal abuse and have begun a social media petition to change animal laws.
This latest controversial incident involving a bull comes just a day after 16 people were injured by a bull in the town of Valdelacalzada during a bullfighting celebration.
With some 20,000 bull-related events held in Spain each year, including 1,553 bullfights, the increasingly controversial sport boosts the economy to the tune of €1.6 billion.
- DON’T JUDGE: ‘Fake lawyer’ on Costa del Sol arrested after she charged clients €2000 a minute - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 17:22
- IS IT A BIRD? Gibraltar introduces helicopter sightseeing tours in 2019 with Norwegian firm Fonnafly - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:37
- Spain and UK sign landmark deal mutually protecting voting rights after Brexit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 15:36
- RED FLAG: British expat bar owner in southern Spain faces huge fine for refusing to take down Union Jack - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 13:56
- WATCH: Police SMASH one of Europe’s largest cocaine labs run from luxury Costa del Sol villa - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:41
- UK and Irish investors claim €35 million for ‘ghost developments’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol that were never built - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HUGE drill scrambled from Madrid motorway to save little Julen trapped in well in Spain for over 100 hours - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 19:30
- Death toll rises to 12 in Spain’s Canary islands as flu outbreak reaches EPIDEMIC levels - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:29
- Everything you need to know about the super wolf blood moon in Spain that could ‘end the world’ THIS WEEKEND - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- Spain holiday hotspot in Canary Islands rocked by earthquake - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:33