A BRITISH expat has made a desperate plea on social media to find her ill dog which escaped ‘terrified’ during the storms yesterday on the Costa del Sol.
Owner, Julie Frank and her family are ‘very concerned’ about ‘timid’ Polly the Podenco’s whereabouts after escaping yesterday morning from their home in La Cala de Mijas while taking her daughter, Ava to school.
The five-year-old rescue dog was so ‘petrified’ of the severe thunderstorms ravaging the coast yesterday, that she tore a hole through the metal garden fence and bolted off.
“Podencos are known escape artists. We thought we’d made the garden secure but she must have been so frightened, she got through it,” added Julie, from Lancashire, “there’s a storm later too, so she will run again. I’m so worried she could be far away
Polly almost died in March due to a severe kidney disease and can only process a special low protein diet.
It could be extremely dangerous to her health if she eats something off the street.
“We moved over to Spain a year ago and adopted Polly to help our daughter settle in.
“She’s so lovely but timid – loves the sofa and cuddles,” added Julie.
The pup was last seen yesterday morning running away from La Cala in the direction of Fuengirola. There have been no sightings since.
Polly is medium-sized and brown.
If anyone has any information about Polly please get in touch with owner Julie on 603 115 431 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wanted British expat launches metal bench at police officer while being arrested for drug trafficking in Marbella - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 12:11
- EXCLUSIVE: As Dani Garcia’s Michelin-starred restaurant shuts, top chef spills beans on what Michelin Guide really look for - 12 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- First day of Ryanair Spain strike CALLED OFF today - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 14:32
- TV show Bargain Loving Brits in the Sun returns to small screen this week with new Costa del Sol series - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 12:25
- Spanish government furious after PP party post video on Twitter ‘wishing’ Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez to die - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 13:54
- Thousands of Ryanair travellers could be left stranded as three-day strike in Spain starts TOMORROW - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 12:11
- Spain rescues more than 500 migrants over Three Kings weekend - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 11:25
- EXCLUSIVE: World’s first carnivore retreat is coming to Spain’s Andalucia - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- EXCLUSIVE: Seriously ill Brit spent Christmas and New Year locked up with terrorists in southern Spain and has STILL not been charged with crime - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 10:01
- Extreme-right party Vox ‘will not support’ Partido Popular and Ciudadanos in Andalucia government unless gender violence law revoked - 3 Jan, 2019 @ 18:55