A MISSING dog which escaped ‘terrified’ during the storms has miraculously been found and reunited with its owner on the Costa del Sol.
Polly the Podenco, who had been missing since Thursday morning, after escaping from the family home in La Cala de Mijas, has been found alive and well following an incredible community response to an Olive Press appeal.
The ‘timid’ five-year-old rescue dog had torn a hole through the garden fence and bolted off during the storms ‘petrified’ and was nowhere to be found.
Fears were growing for the Podenco who has a severe kidney disease and can only survive on special diet.
Polly has now been reunited safe and well with owner, Julie Frank and her family, after a local spotted the pup roaming in the cemetery in Fuengirola.
“I didn’t think we’d get her back,” said Julie from Lancashire, “and we wouldn’t if it wasn’t for all the help. Everyone has been amazing and so lovely.
“Thank you so much to the Olive Press, the couple that found Polly and everyone on social media.”
Recognising Polly from the online appeal, Mariel and Fran Mata, based in El Chapparel, tried to approach the pup but she was too frightened and called Julie.
“She ran up to me and squealed when I called her. We’re so happy to have her home,” said Julie.
Polly is said to be ‘shattered’ but enjoying being back with her home comforts and cuddly toys after her ordeal.
“I’d also like to say a huge thanks to Melissa from Mellisa’s Rescue Paws in La Cala too.
“She came out looking a few times in the storm despite being pregnant. Everyone has been fantastic. Thank you,” added Julie.
- Caged ISIS terrorist was planning to bomb popular fair on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:48
- Wanted British expat launches metal bench at police officer while being arrested for drug trafficking in Marbella - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 12:11
- EXCLUSIVE: As Dani Garcia’s Michelin-starred restaurant shuts, top chef spills beans on what Michelin Guide really look for - 12 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- First day of Ryanair Spain strike CALLED OFF today - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 14:32
- TV show Bargain Loving Brits in the Sun returns to small screen this week with new Costa del Sol series - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 12:25
- Spanish government furious after PP party post video on Twitter ‘wishing’ Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez to die - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 13:54
- Thousands of Ryanair travellers could be left stranded as three-day strike in Spain starts TOMORROW - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 12:11
- Spain rescues more than 500 migrants over Three Kings weekend - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 11:25
- EXCLUSIVE: World’s first carnivore retreat is coming to Spain’s Andalucia - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- EXCLUSIVE: Seriously ill Brit spent Christmas and New Year locked up with terrorists in southern Spain and has STILL not been charged with crime - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 10:01