THE government has signed a landmark deal to protect the rights of Spain’s self-employed people.
These changes to Spanish taxation, revealed as part of the General State Budgets 2019, will link the contributions of self-employed workers to their actual incomes.
The changes are part of a government roll-out of fiscal measures to achieve a fairer society and in essence the changes mean that from 2019 workers with lower incomes pay a lower state contribution.
In the budget statement the government said: “After seven years of cuts and suffocation our country has regressed on equal opportunities, in social cohesion, in freedoms and rights, in democratic quality and in coexistence.”
The announcement comes as the government also agree to ending so-called ‘false self employment’ before the end of 2018 by including a law that says workers offering their services for hire are – in monetary terms – employed by the company hiring them.
Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez and Podemos leader Pablo Iglesias signed the agreement into law at the Moncloa Palace in Madrid this month.
- UK Trade Secretary Liam Fox in Gibraltar for Brexit crunch talks hours after Theresa May survives no-confidence vote - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 19:30
- WATCH: International fugitive who ‘shot man in belly with AK47’ arrested in family park on Costa del Sol - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 17:22
- FLASH SALE: Ryanair offers €20 tickets to celebrate new route from Spain’s Malaga to Morocco - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 16:27
- Tunnels now being drilled to save little Julen trapped in well but rain forecasts could complicate rescue - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 15:40
- VOX number two reveals UK police STILL have search warrant for him after Spanish flag prank in Gibraltar - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:18
- Spanish comedian who blew nose on national flag set to have court case dropped - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:18
- Labour table no confidence vote in UK government as Theresa May loses Brexit deal vote by majority of 230 - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 21:20
- ‘OFF THE WALL’ UK Defence Secretary suggests firing paintballs at Spanish Navy to protect Gibraltar’s waters - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:02
- WATCH: Suspected ISIS terrorist led away by police as Costa del Sol Muslim leader condemns planned attack - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 16:46
- WATCH: Feminists camp outside Andalucian parliament to protest FAR-RIGHT support of new government - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47