MALAGA has been placed on red alert – the most dangerous warning – as severe flooding ravages the north of the region today.
AEMET has also extended the warning from 12pm until 6pm today in Ronda and Antequera, and until 12am in Sol and Guadalhorce.
Campillos and Teban are currently being battered by heavy flooding, while the streets of Costa del Sol towns such as Estepona are starting to fill with water.
— Storm Málaga (@Storm_Malaga) October 21, 2018
In the wake of the alerts, Emergencias 112 Andalucia has issued a serious of safety recommendations to keep safe in the event of flooding.
The government body has suggested removing objects outside the home which can be easily carried by water to avoid accidents, do not drive on flooded roads, bridges or underpasses and avoid travelling at night.
- Wanted British expat launches metal bench at police officer while being arrested for drug trafficking in Marbella - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 12:11
- EXCLUSIVE: As Dani Garcia’s Michelin-starred restaurant shuts, top chef spills beans on what Michelin Guide really look for - 12 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- First day of Ryanair Spain strike CALLED OFF today - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 14:32
- TV show Bargain Loving Brits in the Sun returns to small screen this week with new Costa del Sol series - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 12:25
- Spanish government furious after PP party post video on Twitter ‘wishing’ Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez to die - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 13:54
- Thousands of Ryanair travellers could be left stranded as three-day strike in Spain starts TOMORROW - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 12:11
- Spain rescues more than 500 migrants over Three Kings weekend - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 11:25
- EXCLUSIVE: World’s first carnivore retreat is coming to Spain’s Andalucia - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- EXCLUSIVE: Seriously ill Brit spent Christmas and New Year locked up with terrorists in southern Spain and has STILL not been charged with crime - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 10:01
- Extreme-right party Vox ‘will not support’ Partido Popular and Ciudadanos in Andalucia government unless gender violence law revoked - 3 Jan, 2019 @ 18:55