TRIBUTES have been pouring in for the fireman killed in Malaga’s devastating floods at the weekend.
José Gil GutiérrezBombero veterano del cuartel de Antequera, de donde era natural, y llevaba trabajando en la…
Jose Gil, 47, died after his fire truck crashed while responding to a call.
His workmates managed to escape through the roof but his body was found some five kilometres away from the vehicle after being dragged away by rapids.
The Antequera native leaves behind a wife and two children.
Malaga today announced three days of mourning for the tragic father.
Tributes have been pouring in for the bombero on social media while firemen have been showing solidarity by holding minute-long silences.
— Jesús Arroyo (@GenteQueLucha) October 21, 2018
“My tribute to José Gil Gutiérrez, firefighter companion of Antequera who died in #Campillos,” one wrote, “We will not forget your immense service.”
#Antequera, autoridades y #bomberos de toda #Andalucía se reúnen para despedir a José Gil, ofreciéndole una calurosa ovación al salir su féretro de la iglesia del Carmen de #Antequera pic.twitter.com/cn08bMxwrg
— El Sol de Antequera (@ElSoldAntequera) October 22, 2018
Jose’s funeral took place this afternoon in Antequera at the Iglesia del Carmen.
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36