SPAIN’S weather agency AEMET has warned of plummeting temperatures, rain and SNOW.
The bleak outlook is forecast from Friday onwards as a ‘mass of very cold air’ is due to enter the Iberian peninsula from the north.
Experts are predicting a ‘significant drop in temperatures’ which will hit the north on Friday and ‘will affect nearly all of Spain’ by Saturday.
The mercury could fall by between eight and 10 degrees Celsius in the northern half of the country.
The east will feel the effects mostly on Sunday with temperatures falling four to five degrees.
The likes of Marbella on the Costa del Sol are set for lows of 11C on Saturday and 10C on Sunday, with highs of 19C and 15C respectively.
Temperatures in Galicia could drop to as low as 6C on Saturday.
AEMET is forecasting rain on Friday in the north, extending to the rest of Spain and Portugal on Saturday.
There is also a chance of snow in mountain areas, at elevations of around 1,200 meters above sea level.
Strong winds will increase the feeling of cold in the Ebro valley, Catalunya and the Balearic Islands.
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15