An astonishing SIX TONNES of the drug were found by plain-clothed agents hidden among bananas at the Santa Teresa Industrial estate this morning.
The haul, believed to be the second-biggest in Europe’s history, had a street value of €360 million.
The find came following a joint investigation between the Udyco organised crime unit, the Special Response Group against Organized Crime (Greco) of the Policia Nacional, and the Central Operative Unit (UCO) of the Guardia Civil.
As soon as the record stash was found, scores of camouflaged police cars and swat vans stormed the scene and cut off all areas.
The cocaine was hidden in a shipment of bananas from Colombia and were found in an old warehouse unit which had been divided into two halves.
One room was used by a man as a warehouse, while the other, after several years of inactivity, had been rented out just a week ago.
The second half, belonging to the suspects, held a refrigerated truck, vans and a Chrysler Voyager minivan.
Three people from an import company have been arrested while another two were cuffed in France.
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15