???? Intervenidas más de 6 toneladas de cocaína ocultas en un cargamento de bananas???? en un polígono industrial de #Málaga.
Detenidas 16 personas e intervenidos 300.000€, armas de fuego, vehículos de alta gama y abundante documentación.#Estamosporti pic.twitter.com/njyW6kYYo0
— Policía Nacional (@policia) October 25, 2018
POLICIA Nacional confirmed they had seized six tonnes of cocaine, with a value of €350 million, in Malaga yesterday, along with firearms, high-end vehicles and €300,000 in cash.
Police made the drugs bust in Malaga‘s southern port yesterday at around 2:30am after they found a Cost Rican fruit truck packed with banana boxes used to conceal the cocaine, as reported by the Olive Press.
Footage posted by police on Twitter shows that the drug traffickers had hidden the cocaine, believed to have originated from Ecuador, underneath bananas in cardboard boxes.
Police arrested 16 people, breaking up a well-known Dutch cartel who operate on Andalucia’s Costa del Sol.
Some of those arrested are ‘priority targets by police in the Netherlands,’ a police statement said.
One man was arrested in Badajoz on the border with Portugal, while the other 15 people detained by police were all in Malaga.
Portugal’s police anti-drug unit and the United States’ Homeland Security Investigations unit collaborated with the Spanish authorities.
Spain is the cocaine gateway of Europe and criminals are being increasingly inventive to smuggle drugs in the past, hollowed-out pineapples, breast implants and a cast protecting a broken leg have all been used to smuggled drugs into the country.
- UK Trade Secretary Liam Fox in Gibraltar for Brexit crunch talks hours after Theresa May survives no-confidence vote - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 19:30
- WATCH: International fugitive who ‘shot man in belly with AK47’ arrested in family park on Costa del Sol - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 17:22
- FLASH SALE: Ryanair offers €20 tickets to celebrate new route from Spain’s Malaga to Morocco - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 16:27
- Tunnels now being drilled to save little Julen trapped in well but rain forecasts could complicate rescue - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 15:40
- VOX number two reveals UK police STILL have search warrant for him after Spanish flag prank in Gibraltar - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:18
- Spanish comedian who blew nose on national flag set to have court case dropped - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:18
- Labour table no confidence vote in UK government as Theresa May loses Brexit deal vote by majority of 230 - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 21:20
- ‘OFF THE WALL’ UK Defence Secretary suggests firing paintballs at Spanish Navy to protect Gibraltar’s waters - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:02
- WATCH: Suspected ISIS terrorist led away by police as Costa del Sol Muslim leader condemns planned attack - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 16:46
- WATCH: Feminists camp outside Andalucian parliament to protest FAR-RIGHT support of new government - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47