A WOMAN has died while trying to cross a stream with her husband following heavy rainfall in Malaga.
The unidentified woman, believed to be around 50 years old, was swept away in Velez-Malaga at around 9pm.
Her body was found half an hour later around two kilometers away from where she fell into the water.
According to Civil Protection of Vélez-Málaga, the woman tried to cross the Seco River at the height of the Hacienda Macarena, but was overpowered by the stream before falling in and being dragged by the water.
The woman is believed to have been accompanied by her husband, who crossed first without difficulty.
He lost sight of his wife after arriving to the other side and called emergency services immediately.
Policia Nacional, Policia Local and firemen rushed to the scene to initiate a search, which tragically ended with the discover of her body just 30 minutes later.
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15