“AS much as you go to the police, you will not find her… no matter how much you look for her, you will never see her again.”
These are the chilling words found in the Instagram inbox of a missing teenage girl in Spain.
Josefa Sanchez Cortes disappeared more than 24 hours ago after her school rang her parents at 1pm yesterday to say she had not arrived to class.
But 12 hours later, the family of the 14-year-old, based in Mallorca, found a message on her Instagram, which is only accessible via her brother’s iPad.
It told the desperate family that they would never see Josela – as they call her – ever again.
The minor, who attends Jesus Maria school in Palma, is 1.70 metres tall and weighs 68kg.
She has long brown hair and brown eyes.
At the time of her disappearance she was wearing her navy blue school tracksuit, a light blue shirt and white sports shoes.
She is described as a teenager who never goes out with friends, only with her family.
She only socialises through the photo-sharing app Instagram.
The family do not let her go out alone, not even to the cinema, according to mallorcaconfidencial.com.
According to her aunt, the teen always takes the same route when she goes to school.
They live in Son Oliva and leave the house, on Isaac Albéniz street, at 7.45am and within 10 minutes arrive at the Jesús María school.
“At about 2pm she eats, takes a nap, and then goes to play with her cousins downstairs, she does not go out with anyone,” her aunt Josela said.
Police are working with the theory that the child met with someone she has been talking to through Instagram.
The mother of the missing child is ‘totally destroyed’.
“They have had to give her pills, because she does not know what to do,” said a relative.
The family have appealed to the minor or to the people she has met, saying: “Do not be afraid to come home”.
“We have gone out to look for her everywhere and we are desperate,” added another aunt of the minor.
The investigation continues.
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15