A TEEN who plunged to his death from El Corte Ingles this afternoon had announced his plans on social media.
According to Diario Sur, the boy, who is now believed to have been 14, sent out messages online that he and a girl friend were going to jump from the top of the Puerto Banus department store.
Guards at the store learned of the suicide pact after concerned friends sounded the alarm.
They rushed to the roof but were unable to save the boy.
They managed to grab the girl, who was hesitant to jump.
Both are believed to attend the private school Aloha College in Marbella.
Early reports initially suggested the young boy was British but his nationality has yet to be confirmed, although they are described as having ‘foreign parents’.
Emergency services tried to resuscitate the boy but he died at the scene.
The girl has been taking to a health centre in Malaga after suffering an anxiety attack.
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22