“It’s a dirty world that I don’t want to live in anymore.”
These were intended to be the last words of a British teenage girl who had embarked on a suicide pact with her boyfriend, also British, on Friday.
The 14-year-old added “I’m Sorry’: To anyone who has ever loved/known or supported me, thank you, I love you and I will miss you.”
Her 16-year-old companion and fellow student at Aloha College, messaged friends saying they were on their way to El Corte Ingles.
They managed to find their way to the roof, where they had planned to jump to their deaths together.
Meanwhile, their friends were frantically searching for them in the streets below while a concerned mother had already called to warn guards at the Puerto Banus store.
A security guard spotted the pair on the roof on store cameras – before another was able to grab the girl on a tiny raised roof platform seconds after her boyfriend plunged to his death shortly before midday on Friday.
Spanish Press have reported that the girl then asked security to take a photograph for social media.
The lad is the son of a Brazilian mum and British dad, the latter who is thought to spend most of his time in the UK.
The boy plunged to his death at 11.42am.
CCTV footage police have been given shows him appearing to push the teenage girl away from the edge of the roof towards safety after she experienced a ‘split-second’ of doubt, before he leapt.
A well-placed source said: “Several calls went into to the department store from people who said they had published social media messages warning what they were going to do.
Another source close to the police investigation added: “Officers are still going through the CCTV but the boy can be seen pushing the girl backwards away from the edge.”
Friends and well-wishers have left flowers and candles at the spot where Richard died.
One read: “You will always be in our hearts, forever love you and we hope you find peace now. Love and kisses.”
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36