MARBELLA’S Posidonia Banus restaurant was transformed into Rio’s European Carnival Centre on Saturday.
10 beautiful samba dancers from the Rio 40° group were joined by Brazilian drummers and fashion brand Lisy Fashion Style to light up the revamped restaurant.
A superb selection of Brazilian cuisine was served, including kibe, coxinha, pao queijo, feijoada, moqueca camarao, seabass in maracuja sauce and a a selection of grilled meats.
Creative director of the night, Silvia Korosi Feher said: “Posidonia Banus is going to be the place to be in Puerto Banus for events and shows, as well as breakfast, lunch and dinner.”
The restaurant, which only opened this summer, has ‘big plans’ and Silvia says they have even installed ceiling rigging that will allow them to put on aerial shows.
Istva’n Issovits, who arrived on the Costa del Sol in January, is the owner of Posidonia and said he wants ‘to provide an exceptional cuisine and venue for the people of Marbella.’
He added: “When people leave this place they won’t just have a full stomach, they will have a good feeling of joy.”
Going forward, theme nights are to be the main attraction at Posidonia, which is just off Carretera Nacional N-340, a stone’s throw from Puerto Banus’s glamorous port.
- British teen makes history in Spain’s Andalucia by being first girl to finish under par in prestigious tournament - 16 Dec, 2018 @ 17:00
- Marbella mansion where One Direction made debut among top 10 most viewed properties this year - 16 Dec, 2018 @ 13:00
- WATCH: ‘Narco terrorists’ BOMB Marbella carwash and are then arrested in Sweden - 14 Dec, 2018 @ 14:17
- ORANGE ALERT: Balearics and Andalucia on standby for strong winds and rain tomorrow while snow predicted across Spain - 13 Dec, 2018 @ 15:15
- Body found in hunt for missing British tourist Nixon Smith who was mugged in Spain before missing flight home - 13 Dec, 2018 @ 11:34
- Specsavers and Plastic Free Seas charity join forces on Costa del Sol for mammoth beach clean up - 13 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- IN PICS: Round-up of Costa del Sol’s best Christmas lights in 2018 - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:13
- BREXIT: British applications for Spanish citizenship soar 232% as Theresa May faces no-confidence vote - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:21
- Police free pregnant teen sold by parents for €8,000 to Romanian family in Spain’s Andalucia - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:50
- Kinahan mafia member who plunged to death from Marbella hotel balcony ‘took his own life’, police say - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 16:40