MARBELLA’S restaurant of the moment, Posidonia Banus, was transformed into the streets of Rio this month, as the European Carnival Centre came to town.
The Rio 40° packed out Posidonia’s unique event space with a showstopping collective of food, fashion and fiesta.
10 beautiful samba dancers from the Rio 40° group were joined by Brazilian drummers and fashion brand Lisy Fashion Style to light up the revamped restaurant.
“We were happy to host the first edition of this innovative and exciting event,” said Posidonia’s creative director and manager, Silvia Korosi Feher.
“Guests loved the food, surroundings and great atmosphere and we have many more exciting events planned at the bar and restaurant during the winter season.”
Silvia also revealed they have ramped up the wow factor further by installing ceiling rigging that will allow them to put on amazing aerial shows.
Posidonia’s sold-out event also saw Jonas Braga Morcego Pdb and Marisol Gomez crowned King and Queen of Samba Intercultural.
Crowds gathered in Posidonia’s fresh event space were also treated to the thrill of the Brazilian martial art Capoeira and finally a vibrant DJ Marci set kept the party going into the early hours.
Istva’n Issovits, who arrived on the Costa del Sol in January, is the owner of Posidonia and said he wants ‘to provide an exceptional cuisine and venue for the people of Marbella.’
He added: “When people leave this place they won’t just have a full stomach, they will have a good feeling of joy.”
Theme nights are to be the main attraction at Posidonia, which is just off Carretera Nacional N-340, a stone’s throw from Puerto Banus’s glamorous port.
- British teen makes history in Spain’s Andalucia by being first girl to finish under par in prestigious tournament - 16 Dec, 2018 @ 17:00
- Marbella mansion where One Direction made debut among top 10 most viewed properties this year - 16 Dec, 2018 @ 13:00
- WATCH: ‘Narco terrorists’ BOMB Marbella carwash and are then arrested in Sweden - 14 Dec, 2018 @ 14:17
- ORANGE ALERT: Balearics and Andalucia on standby for strong winds and rain tomorrow while snow predicted across Spain - 13 Dec, 2018 @ 15:15
- Body found in hunt for missing British tourist Nixon Smith who was mugged in Spain before missing flight home - 13 Dec, 2018 @ 11:34
- Specsavers and Plastic Free Seas charity join forces on Costa del Sol for mammoth beach clean up - 13 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- IN PICS: Round-up of Costa del Sol’s best Christmas lights in 2018 - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:13
- BREXIT: British applications for Spanish citizenship soar 232% as Theresa May faces no-confidence vote - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:21
- Police free pregnant teen sold by parents for €8,000 to Romanian family in Spain’s Andalucia - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:50
- Kinahan mafia member who plunged to death from Marbella hotel balcony ‘took his own life’, police say - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 16:40