SCENE: The attack is believed to have taken place in the Sierra Blanca area in Marbella

A MAN shot dead tonight in popular Brit hotspot Marbella is believed to be ‘foreign’.

The victim, whose identity has not been revealed, was shot dead at around 8.30pm tonight.

Although his nationality has not yet been confirmed, well placed sources told The Sun that he is foreign.

The incident is believed to have taken place on a residential street in the Sierra Blanca area of upmarket Nagueles, a source told the Olive Press.

He was shot several times as he was opening his garage door, before the attacker fled on motorbike.

It comes after a sudden surge of brazen gangland killings have ravaged the coast in recent months.

The terrifying attacks have seen four victims tortured and killed, while last month two bombs shockingly exploded in San Pedro de Alcantara and Benahavis – believed to have been part of a ‘settling of scores’ between drug traffickers.

Just three weeks ago an alleged mobster was shot in the middle of a sushi restaurant in Torremolinos.

SCENE: Next to Estepona promenade following October’s shooting. Credit: Olive Press

Meanwhile, a Spaniard was shockingly kidnapped and shot at 13 times in front of terrified expats in Estepona on October 2.

In one of the most horrific incidents to date, a 35-year-old was shot, knee-capped and given the horrific ‘Glasgow Smile’ in Marbella, after being tricked into meeting the gangsters in September.

And just 10 days later a 24-year-old Brit was stabbed in the legs by an attacker in Puerto Banus.

Officers believe tonight’s incident could be another gangland attack.

No suspects have been arrested. The investigation continues.  

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.