A MOTHER and her daughter have died after being mauled by their own dogs in Madrid.
The mother, 57, and her daughter, 41, whose identities have not been revealed, died this afternoon at their home in Colmenar de Oreja after being attacked by their French Mastiffs.
It is believed the dogs belonged to the mother, reported Europa Press.
The incident took place at around 1.30pm on Calle Ibor in the Balcon del Tajo urbanisation.
They were tragically found by their respective husbands lying on the patio covered in bite marks.
Officials pronounced them dead at the scene.
The Guardia Civil has opened an investigation into the attack.
- Why a ‘new’ British vegan milk has outraged Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 17:37
- Let’s talk mental health: Why teenage suicide in UK and Spain is on the rise and what parents can do to help - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- Spain SLAMMED by US official for making ‘no effort’ to return Nazi-looted art from WW2 - 8 Dec, 2018 @ 13:00
- British government accused of not protecting expats and EU citizens’ rights as no-deal Brexit ‘still a possibility’ - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 14:07
- Desperate wife of British expat who mysteriously vanished from Costa del Sol FOUR days ago reveals more details as search continues - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 12:41
- Taxi driver who raped British tourist on Costa del Sol sentenced to seven years in prison - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 11:38
- MISSING: Fears for British expat who disappeared from Spain’s Costa del Sol two days ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 12:32
- BREAKING: Body found in search for missing British expat in Spain - 4 Dec, 2018 @ 14:35
- Spanish cave art reveals humans used stars to tell time 40,000 years ago - 2 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- Mother arrested after 18-month-old baby found dead in apartment in Malaga - 1 Dec, 2018 @ 12:31