SPAIN’S leading animal rights group has berated the ‘dark world’ of private hunts, where children as young as 10 have their faces smeared with blood.
PACMA’s issue is with the practice of painting children’s faces with the blood of their first kill.
Many of Spain’s autonomous communities take part in the tradition of hunting small mammals, and while some regions prohibit such activity, most are legal.
The group’s president, Silvia Barquero said: “It seems terrible to educate children in violence and introduce them from a young age into this dark world.
“I would never teach my children to act with violence and to kill animals, because it is completely contrary to educational values and moral progress.”
It comes as a 13-year-old boy was accidentally shot dead on a hunt in Valladolid in October and this month dogs were videoed falling off a cliff while on a hunt.
Barquero is particularly shocked by the social media groups – such as Facebook’s Rehalas Finca Soriana – that share pictures of the bloody traditions involving children.
“What kind of society are we building when we allow children to participate in animal abuse?” he said.
- British teen makes history in Spain’s Andalucia by being first girl to finish under par in prestigious tournament - 16 Dec, 2018 @ 17:00
- Marbella mansion where One Direction made debut among top 10 most viewed properties this year - 16 Dec, 2018 @ 13:00
- WATCH: ‘Narco terrorists’ BOMB Marbella carwash and are then arrested in Sweden - 14 Dec, 2018 @ 14:17
- ORANGE ALERT: Balearics and Andalucia on standby for strong winds and rain tomorrow while snow predicted across Spain - 13 Dec, 2018 @ 15:15
- Body found in hunt for missing British tourist Nixon Smith who was mugged in Spain before missing flight home - 13 Dec, 2018 @ 11:34
- Specsavers and Plastic Free Seas charity join forces on Costa del Sol for mammoth beach clean up - 13 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- IN PICS: Round-up of Costa del Sol’s best Christmas lights in 2018 - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:13
- BREXIT: British applications for Spanish citizenship soar 232% as Theresa May faces no-confidence vote - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:21
- Police free pregnant teen sold by parents for €8,000 to Romanian family in Spain’s Andalucia - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:50
- Kinahan mafia member who plunged to death from Marbella hotel balcony ‘took his own life’, police say - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 16:40