AN expat has been arrested on suspicion of drug trafficking after crashing his car and exposing almost 480 kilos of hashish and cocaine in Malaga.
The 30-year-old Frenchman was busted after crashing his Range Rover into a truck in Las Pedrizas, where officers found a cache of 15 packages hidden inside several backpacks.
They contained 450 kilos of hashish and 28 kilos of cocaine.
Officers also discovered that the car been stolen from Switzerland with a false registration plate stuck on top of the original.
The incident took place at around 10.45pm on Saturday on the A-45 towards Granada.
Sources said the truck had broken down and stopped on the motorway, when the Frenchman slammed into the back of it, crushing the front of the car up to the front seats.
The expat was arrested after being taken to a Malaga hospital with a broken leg.
- Why a ‘new’ British vegan milk has outraged Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 17:37
- Let’s talk mental health: Why teenage suicide in UK and Spain is on the rise and what parents can do to help - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- Spain SLAMMED by US official for making ‘no effort’ to return Nazi-looted art from WW2 - 8 Dec, 2018 @ 13:00
- British government accused of not protecting expats and EU citizens’ rights as no-deal Brexit ‘still a possibility’ - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 14:07
- Desperate wife of British expat who mysteriously vanished from Costa del Sol FOUR days ago reveals more details as search continues - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 12:41
- Taxi driver who raped British tourist on Costa del Sol sentenced to seven years in prison - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 11:38
- MISSING: Fears for British expat who disappeared from Spain’s Costa del Sol two days ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 12:32
- BREAKING: Body found in search for missing British expat in Spain - 4 Dec, 2018 @ 14:35
- Spanish cave art reveals humans used stars to tell time 40,000 years ago - 2 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- Mother arrested after 18-month-old baby found dead in apartment in Malaga - 1 Dec, 2018 @ 12:31