POLICE in Benidorm have busted a Polish-led gang who stole €52,000 from punters at a sex club in just eight months by adding zeros to their bills.
The scam meant customers were regularly paying 10 times what they should have.
Three women, aged 22, 23 and 27, and the 34-year-old Polish manager, all Polish, were among those arrested at the Costa Blanca club frequented by Brits.
A spokesman for Spain’s National Police said: “With these arrests 20 cases of fraud have been solved.”
Police first received a complaint about the unidentified strip joint in April, the month it opened.
“All the people who filed complaints said they had been swindled out of money in the same way after agreeing a service for a set fee.
“The payment had to be made by credit card.
“When it came to charging the client, an employee allegedly modified the amount, mostly by adding a zero which meant the client paid around ten times the agreed amount.”
- British teen makes history in Spain’s Andalucia by being first girl to finish under par in prestigious tournament - 16 Dec, 2018 @ 17:00
- Marbella mansion where One Direction made debut among top 10 most viewed properties this year - 16 Dec, 2018 @ 13:00
- WATCH: ‘Narco terrorists’ BOMB Marbella carwash and are then arrested in Sweden - 14 Dec, 2018 @ 14:17
- ORANGE ALERT: Balearics and Andalucia on standby for strong winds and rain tomorrow while snow predicted across Spain - 13 Dec, 2018 @ 15:15
- Body found in hunt for missing British tourist Nixon Smith who was mugged in Spain before missing flight home - 13 Dec, 2018 @ 11:34
- Specsavers and Plastic Free Seas charity join forces on Costa del Sol for mammoth beach clean up - 13 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- IN PICS: Round-up of Costa del Sol’s best Christmas lights in 2018 - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:13
- BREXIT: British applications for Spanish citizenship soar 232% as Theresa May faces no-confidence vote - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:21
- Police free pregnant teen sold by parents for €8,000 to Romanian family in Spain’s Andalucia - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:50
- Kinahan mafia member who plunged to death from Marbella hotel balcony ‘took his own life’, police say - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 16:40