MALAGA does Christmas like nowhere else, but it’s not the only place on the Costa del Sol with a spectacular display of festive sparkle.
The city’s cathedral-inspired lights along Calle Larios are a sight to behold, but Marbella, Estepona and Fuengirola also have festivities to boot.
Estepona’s lights this year centre on Plaza Antonia Guerrero, where a huge Christmas tree shines, while the whole of Calle Terraza is also illuminated.
Avenida Miguel Cano in Marbella meanwhile leads the Christmas cheer well into the night, as the well-lit street is a hive of activity for families well into the night.
The star of the Costa del Christmas this year however, may be Fuengirola’s enormous light-up bauble, which returns to grace the town’s Plaza de Espana.
Wherever you’re headed this Christmas though, wrap up warm before all the lights are turned off on January 6.
- British Ambassador to Spain Simon Manley answers all your Brexit questions in Facebook live Q & A next week - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 15:01
- UK Foreign Office updates website to say terrorists ‘very likely to carry out attacks in Spain’ - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 14:23
- ‘EXTREME RISK’: Balearic Islands to be hit by 8-metre waves tomorrow while orange warnings in place on Costa del Sol - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 13:52
- DOUBLE TROUBLE: Ronaldo gets 23-month jail sentence and €18.8m fine for tax evasion in Spain as Alonso maintains innocence - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 12:34
- DON’T JUDGE: ‘Fake lawyer’ on Costa del Sol arrested after she charged clients €2000 a minute - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 17:22
- IS IT A BIRD? Gibraltar introduces helicopter sightseeing tours in 2019 with Norwegian firm Fonnafly - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:37
- Spain and UK sign landmark deal mutually protecting voting rights after Brexit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 15:36
- RED FLAG: British expat bar owner in southern Spain faces huge fine for refusing to take down Union Jack - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 13:56
- WATCH: Police SMASH one of Europe’s largest cocaine labs run from luxury Costa del Sol villa - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:41
- UK and Irish investors claim €35 million for ‘ghost developments’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol that were never built - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00