FORNALUTX is officially the most beautiful village in Mallorca, according to the Association of the Most Beautiful Villages of Spain.
On New Year’s Day, 11 new pueblos will be added to the prestigious rankings, bringing the total to 79.
Fornalutx, a picturesque mountain village famous for its stunning stonework houses, is the only place in the Balearics to make the list.
“The prize is for a lifetime of care, love and good work on the part of villagers and institutions, in many cases through several generations of locals who knew how to leave a legacy that has been collected with love for their descendants,” said the association’s president, Francisco Mestre.
- The most beautiful village in Mallorca has been named - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 10:56
- Gender violence a top priority for New Police Commissioner of the Balearics - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:03
- Environmentalists call for huge expansion of the Cabrera National Park - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 15:50
- Promenade promises to create a whole new look for visitors arriving in Palma - 5 Nov, 2018 @ 11:13
- Five dead – including British tourists – and dozens still missing in Mallorca’s biggest flood in decades - 10 Oct, 2018 @ 10:11
- British tourist found floating in Ibiza’s Port of Sant Antoni - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:58
- Young expat starts campaign to raise awareness against balconing in Spain - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:09
- Boat propeller hacks off arm and leg of two young tourists in Spain - 1 Aug, 2018 @ 14:48
- Nit de L’Art and a month long Jazz festival coming to Sa Pobla - 23 Jul, 2018 @ 08:42
- Mallorca has a historic number of employees working on the island - 11 Jul, 2018 @ 12:15