POLICE have arrested three Swedish men who set off two bombs in Marbella and Benahavis.
Spain’s Guardia Civil and Policia Nacional worked with the Swedish police to bring the attackers in as part of Operation ‘Mudhika-Latvia’.
Two of the gang, who are aged 20 to 30 were detained in Malmo, while the third was arrested in Marbella.
The joint investigation revealed that after planting the two bombs back on October 10, the ‘narco terrorists’ then torched their car to destroy evidence.
Police also uncovered a string of other violent crimes back in Sweden, in which the Scandinavian trio had used explosives.
- British Ambassador to Spain Simon Manley answers all your Brexit questions in Facebook live Q & A next week - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 15:01
- UK Foreign Office updates website to say terrorists ‘very likely to carry out attacks in Spain’ - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 14:23
- ‘EXTREME RISK’: Balearic Islands to be hit by 8-metre waves tomorrow while orange warnings in place on Costa del Sol - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 13:52
- DOUBLE TROUBLE: Ronaldo gets 23-month jail sentence and €18.8m fine for tax evasion in Spain as Alonso maintains innocence - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 12:34
- DON’T JUDGE: ‘Fake lawyer’ on Costa del Sol arrested after she charged clients €2000 a minute - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 17:22
- IS IT A BIRD? Gibraltar introduces helicopter sightseeing tours in 2019 with Norwegian firm Fonnafly - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:37
- Spain and UK sign landmark deal mutually protecting voting rights after Brexit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 15:36
- RED FLAG: British expat bar owner in southern Spain faces huge fine for refusing to take down Union Jack - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 13:56
- WATCH: Police SMASH one of Europe’s largest cocaine labs run from luxury Costa del Sol villa - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:41
- UK and Irish investors claim €35 million for ‘ghost developments’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol that were never built - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00