AN 18-year-old Brit shot herself into the record books as she won the Girls Junior European Open Golf Championship at Andalucia’s El Paraiso course.
Holly Haslam, from Essex, became the first girl to shoot under par in the competition’s 26-year history.
The young star now joins the tournament’s previous British winners, Women’s British Open-champion Georgia Hall and US Open winner Justin Rose.
“I was over the moon, it was a big moment for me,” said Holly whose mum Jo, 47, caddied for the teen champion.
Holly, who celebrated the historic win on her 18th birthday, finished three under par and seven ahead of her nearest competitor.
First picking up a club at just 11 years of age, Holly’s skills on the fairway will be broadcast on Sky Sports Golf Channel on Tuesday and Wednesday at 10:30 and 13:00 (English time).
Accompanying Holly to Spain for the tournament was her dad, Steve, 53, who is a restaurateur back in the UK.
“It was the biggest win of her life,” he told the Olive Press. “I was ecstatic when she won the tournament.”
The proud dad-of-three also revealed that the family would remain in Spain for the festive period at their house in El Paraiso, where Holly is able to stroll straight onto the course.
Steve said: “We’ll have a nice family game of golf on Christmas Day and then we’ll go back home and have our Christmas dinner.”
- DOUBLE TROUBLE: Ronaldo gets 23-month jail sentence and €18.8m fine for tax evasion in Spain as Alonso maintains innocence - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 12:34
- DON’T JUDGE: ‘Fake lawyer’ on Costa del Sol arrested after she charged clients €2000 a minute - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 17:22
- IS IT A BIRD? Gibraltar introduces helicopter sightseeing tours in 2019 with Norwegian firm Fonnafly - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:37
- Spain and UK sign landmark deal mutually protecting voting rights after Brexit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 15:36
- RED FLAG: British expat bar owner in southern Spain faces huge fine for refusing to take down Union Jack - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 13:56
- WATCH: Police SMASH one of Europe’s largest cocaine labs run from luxury Costa del Sol villa - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:41
- UK and Irish investors claim €35 million for ‘ghost developments’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol that were never built - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HUGE drill scrambled from Madrid motorway to save little Julen trapped in well in Spain for over 100 hours - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 19:30
- Death toll rises to 12 in Spain’s Canary islands as flu outbreak reaches EPIDEMIC levels - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:29
- Everything you need to know about the super wolf blood moon in Spain that could ‘end the world’ THIS WEEKEND - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56