MINISTERS have denied claims that Brits could be warned not to book holidays after March 2019 in the event of a no-deal Brexit.
It comes after the Sunday Times reported that senior officials had looked into the idea of a contingency plan.
The paper said that MPs had considered warning UK holidaymakers not to book trips after the March 29 EU withdrawal date.
However, a Downing Street spokesperson slammed the claims as ‘categorically untrue’.
It is believed proposed guidelines were expected to be discussed at last Tuesday’s cabinet meeting, which was cancelled due to a chaotic week in Westminster.
The report also said that the idea had been analysed with at least one cabinet minister and discussed the impact it could have on tour operators.
In a bid to stop travel companies from going bust, ministers apparently considered paying out compensation.
But travel agents’ body ABTA said: ‘The European Commission has said that even in a no-deal scenario, flights will still operate between the UK and EU, and a visa is not required.’
It comes after the news that Brits will pay €7 every three years to travel to EU countries after Brexit.
- Alleged hitman cuffed after failed mafia hit on Costa del Sol - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Man arrested on Costa del Sol for robbing computer shop dressed as unicorn - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 13:46
- More frustrating setbacks in rescue of little Julen, 2, as desperate mission reaches NINTH day in Malaga - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 12:58
- Spain to invest €235 billion to tackle climate change over next decade - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 16:41
- Twins, 4, going blind set to see leading eye specialist in a bid to save sight but STILL need your help - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 16:23
- WHAT ABOUT US?: British expats on Costa del Sol slam UK government for ‘ignoring’ them in Brexit dealings - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Andalucia’s Cadiz makes The New York Times’ top holiday destination list - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 10:07
- Meet the British expat stars of Channel 5’s Costa del Sol hit show ‘Bargain Loving Brits in the Sun’ - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 11:00
- Caged ISIS terrorist was planning to bomb popular fair on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:48
- Wanted British expat launches metal bench at police officer while being arrested for drug trafficking in Marbella - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 12:11