A TEENAGER on Spain’s Costa del Sol has been left in a critical condition after he was deliberately hit by a car on Christmas Eve.
The 18-year-old Moroccan, a resident of Estepona, was walking home from a club when a car mounted the pavement and smashed into him.
The driver, 33, from La Linea was arrested for attempted murder after turning himself in at his local police station.
According to local sources, the pair had argued in the Mosaic nightclub on Christmas Eve at around 7:30 am on Tuesday, the Sur reported.
After leaving the music venue the young man walked along Juan Carlos I Avenue, where the driver chased him in a black VW Golf.
Moments later, the aggressor mounted the pavement, ramming his victim and then hitting a palm tree.
Hospital sources say the young reveller is in a severe but stable condition at Malaga’s Carlos Haya Hospital.
Although initially fleeing, when the arrested man was cuffed he claimed he had had an accident and said ‘I think I hit a person’.
As well as attempted murder, the La Linea man was also arrested for dangerous driving.
- British Ambassador to Spain Simon Manley answers all your Brexit questions in Facebook live Q & A next week - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 15:01
- UK Foreign Office updates website to say terrorists ‘very likely to carry out attacks in Spain’ - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 14:23
- ‘EXTREME RISK’: Balearic Islands to be hit by 8-metre waves tomorrow while orange warnings in place on Costa del Sol - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 13:52
- DOUBLE TROUBLE: Ronaldo gets 23-month jail sentence and €18.8m fine for tax evasion in Spain as Alonso maintains innocence - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 12:34
- DON’T JUDGE: ‘Fake lawyer’ on Costa del Sol arrested after she charged clients €2000 a minute - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 17:22
- IS IT A BIRD? Gibraltar introduces helicopter sightseeing tours in 2019 with Norwegian firm Fonnafly - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:37
- Spain and UK sign landmark deal mutually protecting voting rights after Brexit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 15:36
- RED FLAG: British expat bar owner in southern Spain faces huge fine for refusing to take down Union Jack - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 13:56
- WATCH: Police SMASH one of Europe’s largest cocaine labs run from luxury Costa del Sol villa - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:41
- UK and Irish investors claim €35 million for ‘ghost developments’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol that were never built - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00