SPAIN’S Animalist party has helped free camels from an Andalucian car park that were kept in ‘abusive’ conditions.
PACMA slammed the Christmas camel rides in Ecija, Sevilla, after images circulated online appeared to show the animals locked in a cage.
The bizarre footage shows three camels in the multi-storey lot of a shopping centre fenced into a couple of parking spaces with a thin layer of straw.
The animals rights party labelled the camel enclosure ‘abusive’ and said: “They can feel fear, anguish, pain, etc.”
They added: “We believe it is necessary for the head of the centre to understand, in case it is not already clear, that the animals are sentient beings.”
The shopping mall was forced to suspend its Christmas camel rides after pressure from PACMA.
Spain’s leading animal rights party had been in contact with the City Council to ensure the rides were banned.
“The commercial centre does not have any scruple in attracting the clients with measures of animal abuse,” the ‘animalistas’ also said.
“They keep the animals in garages, having to lie down in the cement and without water.”
- ‘EXTREME RISK’: Balearic Islands to be hit by 8-metre waves tomorrow while orange warnings in place on Costa del Sol - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 13:52
- DOUBLE TROUBLE: Ronaldo gets 23-month jail sentence and €18.8m fine for tax evasion in Spain as Alonso maintains innocence - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 12:34
- DON’T JUDGE: ‘Fake lawyer’ on Costa del Sol arrested after she charged clients €2000 a minute - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 17:22
- IS IT A BIRD? Gibraltar introduces helicopter sightseeing tours in 2019 with Norwegian firm Fonnafly - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:37
- Spain and UK sign landmark deal mutually protecting voting rights after Brexit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 15:36
- RED FLAG: British expat bar owner in southern Spain faces huge fine for refusing to take down Union Jack - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 13:56
- WATCH: Police SMASH one of Europe’s largest cocaine labs run from luxury Costa del Sol villa - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:41
- UK and Irish investors claim €35 million for ‘ghost developments’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol that were never built - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HUGE drill scrambled from Madrid motorway to save little Julen trapped in well in Spain for over 100 hours - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 19:30
- Death toll rises to 12 in Spain’s Canary islands as flu outbreak reaches EPIDEMIC levels - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:29