POLICE in two Andalucia towns have made huge drug busts over Christmas, arresting four people this week.
In Manilva and Alhaurín El Grande, Guardia Civil officers seized a total of 1,232 cannabis plants.
The latest haul in the region’s fight against drug trafficking also saw 300kg of hashish and 195.5kg of cannabis taken.
Six vehicles, two of which were stolen, are among the other items officers seized over the festive period.
Also commandeered by police were precision scales used to weigh drugs, a packaging machine, a revolver and ammunition.
Udyco (Unit against Drugs and Organised Crime) have seized over 40 tonnes of drugs this year.
The crimefighting body has cost the illegal drug trafficking economy €100 million by disrupting it with raids and arrests.
- UK Foreign Office updates website to say terrorists ‘very likely to carry out attacks in Spain’ - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 14:23
- ‘EXTREME RISK’: Balearic Islands to be hit by 8-metre waves tomorrow while orange warnings in place on Costa del Sol - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 13:52
- DOUBLE TROUBLE: Ronaldo gets 23-month jail sentence and €18.8m fine for tax evasion in Spain as Alonso maintains innocence - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 12:34
- DON’T JUDGE: ‘Fake lawyer’ on Costa del Sol arrested after she charged clients €2000 a minute - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 17:22
- IS IT A BIRD? Gibraltar introduces helicopter sightseeing tours in 2019 with Norwegian firm Fonnafly - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:37
- Spain and UK sign landmark deal mutually protecting voting rights after Brexit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 15:36
- RED FLAG: British expat bar owner in southern Spain faces huge fine for refusing to take down Union Jack - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 13:56
- WATCH: Police SMASH one of Europe’s largest cocaine labs run from luxury Costa del Sol villa - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:41
- UK and Irish investors claim €35 million for ‘ghost developments’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol that were never built - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HUGE drill scrambled from Madrid motorway to save little Julen trapped in well in Spain for over 100 hours - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 19:30