POLICE are investigating the death of a man in Malaga after he was stabbed several times.
The victim, believed to be between 35 and 40 years old was thrown from a moving car into the path of a tourist driver.
The incident occurred at around 6:00am this morning (Sunday 30) on the Pablo Ruiz Picasso seafront at La Malagueta, Malaga.
Local police were the first on the scene, but after it became apparent that the man had stab wounds and had been hit by a car, national police also arrived.
The specialist homicide division of the police are now working with forensics to establish the details of what is likely to be the latest murder in southern Spain.
Authorities are now on the hunt for witnesses, a task, which is likely to prove difficult, given that the death occurred so early this morning.
Meanwhile the man’s body has now been transferred to the Institute of Legal Medicine (IML) in Malaga for a post-mortem, which is expected to happen today.
- ‘EXTREME RISK’: Balearic Islands to be hit by 8-metre waves tomorrow while orange warnings in place on Costa del Sol - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 13:52
- DOUBLE TROUBLE: Ronaldo gets 23-month jail sentence and €18.8m fine for tax evasion in Spain as Alonso maintains innocence - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 12:34
- DON’T JUDGE: ‘Fake lawyer’ on Costa del Sol arrested after she charged clients €2000 a minute - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 17:22
- IS IT A BIRD? Gibraltar introduces helicopter sightseeing tours in 2019 with Norwegian firm Fonnafly - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:37
- Spain and UK sign landmark deal mutually protecting voting rights after Brexit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 15:36
- RED FLAG: British expat bar owner in southern Spain faces huge fine for refusing to take down Union Jack - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 13:56
- WATCH: Police SMASH one of Europe’s largest cocaine labs run from luxury Costa del Sol villa - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:41
- UK and Irish investors claim €35 million for ‘ghost developments’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol that were never built - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HUGE drill scrambled from Madrid motorway to save little Julen trapped in well in Spain for over 100 hours - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 19:30
- Death toll rises to 12 in Spain’s Canary islands as flu outbreak reaches EPIDEMIC levels - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:29