SHOCKING images have shown a Spanish hunter chase a fox and then smile to the camera after he stamps on its head.
The hunter, in a high vis jacket, can be heard grunting as he plucks the animal from some grass and hurls it along the ground.
After the injured mammal runs away, the hunter then catches up with his prey and repeatedly stamps on the fox’s head.
He then flings the suffering animal high into the air and then stamps on its head again, where it appears to die.
The unidentified hunter grounds the fox’s head into the dirt with his foot and can be heard laughing as he smiles directly at the camera.
It is not clear when or where in Spain the video was filmed.
Local media reported that at least one of the fox’s legs was amputated after it was caught in a trap.
Anadel, a Spanish animal rights group, has condemned the incident and called on the public to identify the hunter.
“What kind of psychological attitudes do people with weapons licences have in this country?” Elena Lopez, a member of the group said to local media.
This incident is the latest in a string of animal rights controversies across Spain in 2018.
The most recent was a car park in Andalucia, which kept camels caged for Christmas rides, an act strongly condemned by animal rights group PACMA.
Hunters also courted controversy last month as they defended a video of dogs and deer plunging off a cliff.
Meanwhile, in October, an emu wound up dead in Spain after being chased by police through a tourist hotspot.
- DOUBLE TROUBLE: Ronaldo gets 23-month jail sentence and €18.8m fine for tax evasion in Spain as Alonso maintains innocence - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 12:34
- DON’T JUDGE: ‘Fake lawyer’ on Costa del Sol arrested after she charged clients €2000 a minute - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 17:22
- IS IT A BIRD? Gibraltar introduces helicopter sightseeing tours in 2019 with Norwegian firm Fonnafly - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:37
- Spain and UK sign landmark deal mutually protecting voting rights after Brexit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 15:36
- RED FLAG: British expat bar owner in southern Spain faces huge fine for refusing to take down Union Jack - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 13:56
- WATCH: Police SMASH one of Europe’s largest cocaine labs run from luxury Costa del Sol villa - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:41
- UK and Irish investors claim €35 million for ‘ghost developments’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol that were never built - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HUGE drill scrambled from Madrid motorway to save little Julen trapped in well in Spain for over 100 hours - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 19:30
- Death toll rises to 12 in Spain’s Canary islands as flu outbreak reaches EPIDEMIC levels - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:29
- Everything you need to know about the super wolf blood moon in Spain that could ‘end the world’ THIS WEEKEND - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56