THE results of TripAdvisor’s Travelers’ Choice Awards, which honour the best things in travel from around the world, have been revealed.
Destinations, landmarks, hotels, beaches and even airlines all get a shot at scooping a prestigious award.
This year Sevilla’s Plaza de España has been given the best landmark award.
Voted for by the TripAdvisor community, it’s not hard to see why this beautiful square in southern Spain has been crowned Europe’s top dog.
“As seen in several movies. Amazing architecture. We only walked around on the exterior but was very impressed by the size and scope. If you are in the area walk by. Worth the walk,” wrote one reviewer.
The Moorish style gardens and square, built in 1928 for the Ibero-American Exposition, have indeed had several silver screen appearances.
Lawrence of Arabia (1962), Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones (2002) and The Dictator (2012) are among the big-money blockbusters to use Sevilla’s most beautiful landmark as a location.
With 36,588 reviews on TripAdvisor, the Plaza de España is ranked as the top thing to do in Andalucia’s capital and there are countless ways to explore its beauty.
The review site recommend a nighttime flamenco tour, an electric bike tour or some traditional sightseeing.
A masterful combination of Renaissance and Moorish architecture, visitors are bound to see photoshoots and TripAdvisor urge tourists to ‘bring a camera!’
- British Ambassador to Spain Simon Manley answers all your Brexit questions in Facebook live Q & A next week - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 15:01
- UK Foreign Office updates website to say terrorists ‘very likely to carry out attacks in Spain’ - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 14:23
- ‘EXTREME RISK’: Balearic Islands to be hit by 8-metre waves tomorrow while orange warnings in place on Costa del Sol - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 13:52
- DOUBLE TROUBLE: Ronaldo gets 23-month jail sentence and €18.8m fine for tax evasion in Spain as Alonso maintains innocence - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 12:34
- DON’T JUDGE: ‘Fake lawyer’ on Costa del Sol arrested after she charged clients €2000 a minute - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 17:22
- IS IT A BIRD? Gibraltar introduces helicopter sightseeing tours in 2019 with Norwegian firm Fonnafly - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:37
- Spain and UK sign landmark deal mutually protecting voting rights after Brexit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 15:36
- RED FLAG: British expat bar owner in southern Spain faces huge fine for refusing to take down Union Jack - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 13:56
- WATCH: Police SMASH one of Europe’s largest cocaine labs run from luxury Costa del Sol villa - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:41
- UK and Irish investors claim €35 million for ‘ghost developments’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol that were never built - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00