First in Australia and more recently in Spain their company Riosport has been ahead of the game in terms of quality of equipment and expertise.
Set up originally by Alfonso and wife Joan in the Sierra Nevada in 1988, the business is now run by son Philip, 41, while brother Alexander is regularly found on the slopes too.
Based out of two locations, both just yards from the main ski-lifts, they have cleverly cornered the expat and foreign market that makes up around 20% of the resort’s clientele.
“Around 70% of our clients are foreign and probably about half of those British and Irish,” explains Philip, who loves his job, particularly as he gets to ski almost every lunchtime.
“I put our success with expats down to giving good service and offering good quality products,” he continues.
“We were also the first expat business here, now open for 30 years, so that counts for a lot,” he adds.
The company, which has around 20 staff, including teachers, particularly specialises in the quality of its boots.
Custom-fitted for the most tricky customers, they almost guarantee not to give you pain. “They are perfect for any foot,” he explains.
A huge expensive refit of the main shop has made it one of the most modern-looking in the resort.
- Popular Casino Games Across Europe - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 16:14
- OPINION: Why Mijas needs to see serious change in 2019 - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 17:36
- Is your home in Spain ready for the cold? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:30
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16