A BRITISH boy has died on New Year’s Day in Spain after being struck by a car.
The 14-year-old was tragically hit on a road between Ibiza and Portinax on Spain’s popular white isle.
The boy died in the 10.30pm crash last night, just a day after celebrating his 14th birthday.
He is believed to have been carrying suitcases and was in the middle of the road with no reflective clothing on when he was hit by a Ford Fiesta.
The family who hit him are said to be receiving counselling after suffering from trauma.
A Guardia Civil spokesman said: “The driver wasn’t at fault in any way and no action will be taken against him.
“The youngster who died was in the middle of the road at the time and was wearing dark clothing with no reflective jacket.
“The driver wasn’t able to do anything to avoid him. He tested negative for drink and drugs.”
It is not known if the young boy is an expat or if he was on holiday.
- Direct Malaga to NEW YORK flights available from May 2019 - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 18:20
- Expats pay tribute to Marbella businessman ‘linked to TOWIE stars and Mohamed Al-Fayed’ after he was brutally gunned down on doorstep - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 14:03
- Marbella shooting victim identified as high profile Costa del Sol businessman behind Linekers - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:30
- WARNING: Orange alerts for SNOW, wind and strong waves across Spain and Andalucia this week - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 14:59
- Expat appears in court after shooting and killing boy, 4, during hunt in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:45
- Man shot to death inside his Bentley on Spain’s Costa del Sol in latest mafia hit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22