A BRITISH woman has been killed in a car crash hours into her holiday, while her partner is in a coma and her daughter is seriously injured.
Thought to be from Bedfordshire and in her 60s, the British mum died as she drove along a Costa Blanca road known as ‘death alley’ with her family.
The tragedy occurred yesterday morning when the holidaying family hit another car head-on on the N332 at Santa Pola.
This stretch of road, which is notorious for accidents, is just a 12-minute drive from Alicante airport, where the family had just touched down.
The woman’s daughter was thought to have been driving the vehicle before the collision that also injured three others.
A helicopter, ambulances and police scrambled to the scene to cut four people from the wreckage, but the woman died at the scene
Survivors were taken to the Hospital of the Vinalopó, the General Hospital of Alicante and the General Hospital of Elche.
- UK Foreign Office updates website to say terrorists ‘very likely to carry out attacks in Spain’ - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 14:23
- ‘EXTREME RISK’: Balearic Islands to be hit by 8-metre waves tomorrow while orange warnings in place on Costa del Sol - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 13:52
- DOUBLE TROUBLE: Ronaldo gets 23-month jail sentence and €18.8m fine for tax evasion in Spain as Alonso maintains innocence - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 12:34
- DON’T JUDGE: ‘Fake lawyer’ on Costa del Sol arrested after she charged clients €2000 a minute - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 17:22
- IS IT A BIRD? Gibraltar introduces helicopter sightseeing tours in 2019 with Norwegian firm Fonnafly - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:37
- Spain and UK sign landmark deal mutually protecting voting rights after Brexit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 15:36
- RED FLAG: British expat bar owner in southern Spain faces huge fine for refusing to take down Union Jack - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 13:56
- WATCH: Police SMASH one of Europe’s largest cocaine labs run from luxury Costa del Sol villa - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:41
- UK and Irish investors claim €35 million for ‘ghost developments’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol that were never built - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HUGE drill scrambled from Madrid motorway to save little Julen trapped in well in Spain for over 100 hours - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 19:30