POLICE in Tenerife have arrested a man wanted by Scottish authorities for 29 crimes, including murder.
Authorities think the 35-year-old fugitive, thought to be from Glasgow is the leader of an international criminal organisation.
According to police, the alleged crime lord was ‘hiding out’ in the south of the Canary Island popular with British tourists.
He was cuffed near Tenerife South Airport after an Edinburgh court issued a European Arrest Warrant.
Authorities held the Scot on charges of money laundering, drug trafficking, kidnap and murder.
Spanish cops said they hunted down the Brit ‘for his alleged participation in illegal activities by a leading international criminal organisation.’
The man allegedly ran a global gang who operated in the UK, Iceland, Holland, United Arab Emirates, Portugal, Spain, China and Mexico.
- British Ambassador to Spain Simon Manley answers all your Brexit questions in Facebook live Q & A next week - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 15:01
- UK Foreign Office updates website to say terrorists ‘very likely to carry out attacks in Spain’ - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 14:23
- ‘EXTREME RISK’: Balearic Islands to be hit by 8-metre waves tomorrow while orange warnings in place on Costa del Sol - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 13:52
- DOUBLE TROUBLE: Ronaldo gets 23-month jail sentence and €18.8m fine for tax evasion in Spain as Alonso maintains innocence - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 12:34
- DON’T JUDGE: ‘Fake lawyer’ on Costa del Sol arrested after she charged clients €2000 a minute - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 17:22
- IS IT A BIRD? Gibraltar introduces helicopter sightseeing tours in 2019 with Norwegian firm Fonnafly - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:37
- Spain and UK sign landmark deal mutually protecting voting rights after Brexit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 15:36
- RED FLAG: British expat bar owner in southern Spain faces huge fine for refusing to take down Union Jack - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 13:56
- WATCH: Police SMASH one of Europe’s largest cocaine labs run from luxury Costa del Sol villa - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:41
- UK and Irish investors claim €35 million for ‘ghost developments’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol that were never built - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00