A LIVERPOOL party boat that will bring hordes of revellers from Merseyside to the Costa del Sol will launch this summer.
The 600-bed boat, worth more than €4 million, is the brainchild of Liverpudlian hotel chain Signature Living.
It comes after boss Lawrence Kenwright revealed the remarkable plan to launch a 600-bed party-boat hotel that will take Scousers to the sunny resorts like Ibiza and Marbella for parties and raves with ‘world famous DJs.’
Kenwright has now launched a competition to name the boat, with the owner of the winning name being handed four tickets for a four-night stay on the vessel when it docks in Marbella – with return flights from Liverpool included.
Kenwright said: “Liverpool has a rich maritime history – spanning centuries – and people across the city played a huge part in that. Indeed the Cunard and White Star Line ships helped cement our position as the second city of the British Empire.
“With our new cruise liner, we are launching what will be Signature Living’s first venture at sea.
“Our ambition is to help drive Liverpool’s maritime renaissance by giving our young people the opportunity of securing employment on the ship so they can go and work across Europe.
“But we want a name fit for the scale and size of our vessel and would like to hear ECHO readers’ views on what it should be. I really hope people get involved because you can help make your own piece of nautical history.”
It is understood that the boat’s maiden voyage will take place in the summer and will see a lucky group of Scousers travel from Liverpool to Marbella.
From there the boat will travel to other party destinations like Ibiza, offering wild parties and places for people to stay.
You can enter the competition to name the boat here.
- Direct Malaga to NEW YORK flights available from May 2019 - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 18:20
- Expats pay tribute to Marbella businessman ‘linked to TOWIE stars and Mohamed Al-Fayed’ after he was brutally gunned down on doorstep - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 14:03
- Marbella shooting victim identified as high profile Costa del Sol businessman behind Linekers - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:30
- WARNING: Orange alerts for SNOW, wind and strong waves across Spain and Andalucia this week - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 14:59
- Expat appears in court after shooting and killing boy, 4, during hunt in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:45
- Man shot to death inside his Bentley on Spain’s Costa del Sol in latest mafia hit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22