A ROMANIAN teenager has cleaned up in Spain’s Sorteo del Niño lottery.
Cosmin Rotariu, 15, is now €200,000 better off after claiming his 37142 winning ticket.
“I did not expect this I am just trembling,” said Rotariu, outside the lottery shop in the Gracia district of Barcelona.
“I do not know what I’m going to do with the money. I have no idea,” the young man added.
Cosmin arrived with his parents in Barcelona 10 years ago.
Minors are prohibited from buying Lottery tickets, but in this case there has been an exception.
The teen’s family had won a refund on their Christmas lottery ticket in December and so the boy and his father went together and exchanged the El Gordo ticket for an El Niño number.
“Cosmin and I went to the Administration to choose the number. We wanted a number that resembled my wife’s date of birth and we chose that one at the window because it had several equal numbers,” said the boy’s father Valeriu Rotariu.
Cosmin added: “Maybe I’ll buy a new phone or invest in a small apartment. I have not thought about it. I’ll definitely buy some things for my parents.”
He will not be able to personally collect the money, however, as it must be paid to an adult.
- Direct Malaga to NEW YORK flights available from May 2019 - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 18:20
- Expats pay tribute to Marbella businessman ‘linked to TOWIE stars and Mohamed Al-Fayed’ after he was brutally gunned down on doorstep - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 14:03
- Marbella shooting victim identified as high profile Costa del Sol businessman behind Linekers - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:30
- WARNING: Orange alerts for SNOW, wind and strong waves across Spain and Andalucia this week - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 14:59
- Expat appears in court after shooting and killing boy, 4, during hunt in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:45
- Man shot to death inside his Bentley on Spain’s Costa del Sol in latest mafia hit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22