Campaigners will take the streets on January 12 at 5pm to voice their anger at an apparent U-turn by the Town Hall over the controversial Spanish pastime.
The previous administration had banned the blood sport, but city chiefs announced a refurbishment programme for the Marbella bullring back in December.
Meanwhile, an online petition to ban the ‘bloody’ and ‘torturous’ sport in Marbella has received around 80,000 signatures.
The Town Hall said the refurbishment project aimed to make the bullring ‘safe, practicable and operational for its intended use’.
But demonstrators disagree, claiming those pushing the move want a ‘return to torture and kill animals for the amusement of a few’.
“We want it to continue like this, we do not want more death and suffering in Marbella,” said the protest group in a statement on Facebook.
- DOUBLE TROUBLE: Ronaldo gets 23-month jail sentence and €18.8m fine for tax evasion in Spain as Alonso maintains innocence - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 12:34
- DON’T JUDGE: ‘Fake lawyer’ on Costa del Sol arrested after she charged clients €2000 a minute - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 17:22
- IS IT A BIRD? Gibraltar introduces helicopter sightseeing tours in 2019 with Norwegian firm Fonnafly - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:37
- Spain and UK sign landmark deal mutually protecting voting rights after Brexit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 15:36
- RED FLAG: British expat bar owner in southern Spain faces huge fine for refusing to take down Union Jack - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 13:56
- WATCH: Police SMASH one of Europe’s largest cocaine labs run from luxury Costa del Sol villa - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:41
- UK and Irish investors claim €35 million for ‘ghost developments’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol that were never built - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HUGE drill scrambled from Madrid motorway to save little Julen trapped in well in Spain for over 100 hours - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 19:30
- Death toll rises to 12 in Spain’s Canary islands as flu outbreak reaches EPIDEMIC levels - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:29
- Everything you need to know about the super wolf blood moon in Spain that could ‘end the world’ THIS WEEKEND - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56