TWO men carrying a James Bond-style pen gun and seven kilos of cocaine have been arrested in Malaga.
The Spaniards, 34 and 39 were held on charges of drug trafficking and the possession of illegal weapons.
National Police agents also seized a taser, an air pistol, another gun with ammunition, a bulletproof vest, 108 grams of hash and €11,000.
Sean Connery’s Bond uses a similar 9mm rocket-firing pen gun in the film Never Say Never Again (1983).
Cops began their investigations on December 4 in Calle Eresma when a car was seen fleeing from Malaga’s northern district.
A chase ensued and police arrested the two drug suspects round the corner on Calle Cabriel, where they seized the vehicle.
The drugs and guns were found hidden in compartments under the car’s dashboard, including the 007-inspired gun pen.
It comes as the La Palmilla district and its surrounding streets witnessed a New Year’s Day shootout involving a submachine gun.
In the firefight a 79-year-old widow cheated death when her curtain stopped a bullet that was fired through her window and heading straight for her.
- ‘EXTREME RISK’: Balearic Islands to be hit by 8-metre waves tomorrow while orange warnings in place on Costa del Sol - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 13:52
- DOUBLE TROUBLE: Ronaldo gets 23-month jail sentence and €18.8m fine for tax evasion in Spain as Alonso maintains innocence - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 12:34
- DON’T JUDGE: ‘Fake lawyer’ on Costa del Sol arrested after she charged clients €2000 a minute - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 17:22
- IS IT A BIRD? Gibraltar introduces helicopter sightseeing tours in 2019 with Norwegian firm Fonnafly - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:37
- Spain and UK sign landmark deal mutually protecting voting rights after Brexit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 15:36
- RED FLAG: British expat bar owner in southern Spain faces huge fine for refusing to take down Union Jack - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 13:56
- WATCH: Police SMASH one of Europe’s largest cocaine labs run from luxury Costa del Sol villa - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:41
- UK and Irish investors claim €35 million for ‘ghost developments’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol that were never built - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HUGE drill scrambled from Madrid motorway to save little Julen trapped in well in Spain for over 100 hours - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 19:30
- Death toll rises to 12 in Spain’s Canary islands as flu outbreak reaches EPIDEMIC levels - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:29