It’s hard to believe how many dolphins and whales live in this small patch of water. ??BBC Two
Geplaatst door BBC Earth op Vrijdag 4 januari 2019
THE BBC has filmed a segment about the plight of the dolphins in the Strait of Gibraltar for its new documentary series Mediterranean with Simon Reeve.
In a clip shared on Facebook, Reeve sails alongside the mammals in the Strait of Gibraltar with local campaigner and expert Rocio Espada.
Espada reveals that numbers of dolphins and whales in the Strait and the Mediterranean have halved since 1960.
She goes on to detail how many dolphins are being mutilated by fishing nets and boat propellers before several break the surface showing clearly damaged dorsal fins.
“The Mediterranean needs help,” Espada says in the teaser clip, “if we turn our back to it, everything will go.”
The four-part series is available on BBC iPlayer, with Espada featuring in episode four.
- Direct Malaga to NEW YORK flights available from May 2019 - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 18:20
- Expats pay tribute to Marbella businessman ‘linked to TOWIE stars and Mohamed Al-Fayed’ after he was brutally gunned down on doorstep - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 14:03
- Marbella shooting victim identified as high profile Costa del Sol businessman behind Linekers - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:30
- WARNING: Orange alerts for SNOW, wind and strong waves across Spain and Andalucia this week - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 14:59
- Expat appears in court after shooting and killing boy, 4, during hunt in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:45
- Man shot to death inside his Bentley on Spain’s Costa del Sol in latest mafia hit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22