A WANTED British expat has been arrested in Marbella for raking in more than £1 million a year through drug trafficking.
The 44-year-old man from Liverpool – whose identity has not yet been revealed – was arrested under a European Arrest Warrant in San Pedro de Alcantara on Thursday.
Officers identified the wanted Brit as he was leaving a gym close to his Spanish home.
On approaching him, the Liverpudlian grabbed a metal bench and threw it at an officer’s head before running away.
Officers managed to catch and arrest him a few metres down the road.
According to the European Arrest Warrant, the expat is wanted for crimes related to drug trafficking in the UK, for which he cashed in a profit of more than £1 million (around €1.1 million) per year.
Police revealed that he fled the UK while on bail. He was expected to serve a maximum sentence of 19 years.
A court date is expected to be set in the coming weeks.
- Alleged hitman cuffed after failed mafia hit on Costa del Sol - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Man arrested on Costa del Sol for robbing computer shop dressed as unicorn - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 13:46
- More frustrating setbacks in rescue of little Julen, 2, as desperate mission reaches NINTH day in Malaga - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 12:58
- Spain to invest €235 billion to tackle climate change over next decade - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 16:41
- Twins, 4, going blind set to see leading eye specialist in a bid to save sight but STILL need your help - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 16:23
- WHAT ABOUT US?: British expats on Costa del Sol slam UK government for ‘ignoring’ them in Brexit dealings - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Andalucia’s Cadiz makes The New York Times’ top holiday destination list - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 10:07
- Meet the British expat stars of Channel 5’s Costa del Sol hit show ‘Bargain Loving Brits in the Sun’ - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 11:00
- Caged ISIS terrorist was planning to bomb popular fair on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:48
- Wanted British expat launches metal bench at police officer while being arrested for drug trafficking in Marbella - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 12:11