A EUROPEAN Commission report on the protection of online gambling users and the prevention of underage gambling has been welcomed by Gibraltar’s Government.
Minister for Gaming, Albert Isola MP said: “These principles reflect the existing regulations in Gibraltar for ensuring online gaming services are safe and reliable. For nearly two decades Gibraltar has helped set the standards for online gaming and we will continue to do so. It is pleasing to see among the Recommendations so much of what we already do, and that Gibraltar’s own proposal for national self-exclusion registers has been adopted by the Commission.”
Gibraltar licenses only 30 online gambling operators, all with established reputations in the industry.
Commenting on the EU report Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner Phill Brear said:
“Gibraltar licence holders are the ‘top drawer’ of the remote gambling industry and much of what is recommended is already firmly in place here.”
- British RAF pilot brings new – and MUCH cheaper – property listing concept to Spain - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 17:21
- Spain’s Supreme Court bans historic bull hunting and spearing tradition in Castilla y Leon - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 11:00
- Malaga’s ‘Banksy’ attracts world attention replicating masterpieces on the streets of Spain and Europe - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 10:00
- M1 Legal is stacking up the victories against Spain’s Timeshare giants - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 11:13
- How to Improve Academic Writing Skills for UK University Admission - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 09:37
- Giant electricity pylons rampaging across the valley vista in Sierra Nevada - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 18:57
- Living with Gaudi – Turkish art dealer builds home inside iconic tourist attraction - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 18:38
- Spain tops global health league but all is not well for expats - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 16:59
- Lady Elizabeth School, in Benitachell Alicante, is to have its grand inauguration this month - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:32
- How do casino promotions work in Spain? - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:05