THE first phase of a coastal path that is to line the coast from La Cala to Fuengirola was inaugurated today in Mijas.
Angel Nozal, Mijas Mayor, and Elías Bendodo, President of the Provincial Council of Malaga, cut the ribbon to the first 5km phase of the path which goes from La Cala to Calahonda.
The €2 million required to build the wooden path was fully funded by the Provincial Government of Malaga and is a trail that can be used by walkers and cyclists alike.
“The coastal path is a project that won all those who live in Mijas. Earn residents and visitors, because they can better enjoy the beaches, gain property owners in the area because their homes are revalued and win business, as bars or hotels, which are installed in the area, “said Nozal.
The second phase will stretch over Calahonda to La Luna beach while the third will go from La Luna and end in Fuengirola; the permits and funding for these are still being processed.
- Police uncover 36 Egyptian artefacts in Valencia - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 12:00
- Zara boss buys iconic building on Madrid’s Gran Via - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 11:00
- Huge sports complex to open in Sabinillas - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 08:00
- Expat searches for ‘perfect home’ for Costa del Sol turtle - 31 Jan, 2015 @ 11:00
- ‘Tolkien universe’ theme park to open in Rincon de la Victoria - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 17:24
- IMF raises Spain’s growth forecast saying it has entered a ‘virtous circle’ - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00
- Organic success in Marbella - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00
- European Central Bank to buy 10% of Spain’s public debt - 29 Jan, 2015 @ 18:09
- WikiLeaks threaten legal action after Google hand over journalist email data to US government - 28 Jan, 2015 @ 13:47
- Swans talent show stuns audience - 28 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00