CITIES and pueblos across the region will today be celebrating Andalucia Day.
The annual holiday marks the anniversary of the 1980 referendum on the Statute of Autonomy of Andalucia, in which Andalucians voted to become an autonomous community of Spain.
The green and white flag of Andalucia will appear in many towns and villages, along with cultural competitions and live performances.
Schoolchildren celebrate the Friday before with a special Andalucian breakfast, classes about local history and of course a party.
The main ceremony takes place just outside Sevilla at the monument, at the monument to Andalucian writer and activist Blas Infante.
The Olive Press would like to wish our readers across this stunning region a very happy Andalucia Day, whatever you choose to do!
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44