ONE of the two victims of Tuesday’s shooting in Barcelona was not a Belgian citizen, as had been believed, but was in fact a Dutch national with a fake Belgian passport.
Jori Sven van Zanten, 26, is reportedly wanted by Interpol and has been arrested.
The Dutchman was shot in the stomach while waiting outside a hotel just off Barcelona’s La Rambla. Also injured was van Zanten’s companion, reportedly a British citizen, who crashed through a glass door in his haste to escape the shooter.
There is speculation that the victims knew their assailant and may have been waiting for him outside the hotel.
The shooter is still at large.
- Reggae star Maxi Priest headlines Gibraltar National Day Concert - 8 Sep, 2015 @ 12:14
- Catalan restaurant charges customer for aspirin - 6 Sep, 2015 @ 18:53
- Michelin-starred London chef expands to Madrid - 6 Sep, 2015 @ 12:31
- Endangered leopard at Bioparc Fuengirola - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 17:49
- Record harvest boosts Spain’s wine exports - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 17:12
- Spain’s top chefs, the Roca brothers, pick out their favourite eateries - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 13:58
- Balloon debate ahead of Gibraltar National Day - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 11:57
- Spanish properties worth up to 124% more with a swimming pool - 4 Sep, 2015 @ 14:59
- Found in Translation - 2 Sep, 2015 @ 18:09
- Spanish flat shares for students are among Europe’s cheapest - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 14:00