HUNDREDS of budding Mo Farahs and Paula Radcliffes took to the streets of Algeciras for the town’s third half marathon.
The sun was shining as the runners began the grueling 21km run in the town centre, heading alongside the port before venturing out into the countryside.
The winner Mustapha Sabili crossed the line to raucous cheers at an impressive 1 hour 11 minutes.
Even the Olive Press’ own Chief Reporter Tom Powell managed to drag himself over the line, in his ‘triumphant comeback’ from surgery before the summer.
“I wasn’t pleased with my time, or my fitness level, but I can’t complain considering I couldn’t even walk a few months ago,” he said.
- SLOW TRAVEL: Run down your rev count in Ronda where slow travel is the new mantra - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 09:59
- FILTHY RICH: How the other half live when on holiday in southern Spain, from Saudi Royalty to British prime ministers and American billionaires - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 08:50
- PICTURED: ‘Shark’ spotted near swimmers on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:38
- Don’t miss the Bollywood and glitter themed pool parties at Max Beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:42
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19
- ‘I will work hard for you’, promises Bill Anderson, the first ever Brit to serve on Mijas Council - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 17:02