HUNDREDS of budding Mo Farahs and Paula Radcliffes took to the streets of Algeciras for the town’s third half marathon.
The sun was shining as the runners began the grueling 21km run in the town centre, heading alongside the port before venturing out into the countryside.
The winner Mustapha Sabili crossed the line to raucous cheers at an impressive 1 hour 11 minutes.
Even the Olive Press’ own Chief Reporter Tom Powell managed to drag himself over the line, in his ‘triumphant comeback’ from surgery before the summer.
“I wasn’t pleased with my time, or my fitness level, but I can’t complain considering I couldn’t even walk a few months ago,” he said.
- IN PICS: The women competing for your vote to be crowned Miss World Malaga on the same day as Spain’s general election - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 09:00
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05