HUNDREDS of budding Mo Farahs and Paula Radcliffes took to the streets of Algeciras for the town’s third half marathon.
The sun was shining as the runners began the grueling 21km run in the town centre, heading alongside the port before venturing out into the countryside.
The winner Mustapha Sabili crossed the line to raucous cheers at an impressive 1 hour 11 minutes.
Even the Olive Press’ own Chief Reporter Tom Powell managed to drag himself over the line, in his ‘triumphant comeback’ from surgery before the summer.
“I wasn’t pleased with my time, or my fitness level, but I can’t complain considering I couldn’t even walk a few months ago,” he said.
- Stunning Sarmiento offers a lot more than the best view on the Costa del Sol - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 16:05
- Historic building awards from the Gibraltar Heritage Trust - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 11:16
- Caught live: Massive winner from UK’s most relevant band of the last few decades - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 20:42
- 11 new villages make it onto Spain’s ‘most beautiful’ list - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:40
- FAB FRESCOS: Spain has some of the best, but how many do you recognise? - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 10:51
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- EXPANSION: Pole position as long-running expat agent opens fifth office in central Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58
- WATCH: Dramatic six-car pile-up blocks Marbella tunnel as Guardia Civil on scene - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:58