A FILM based on Federico Garcia Lorca’s Blood Wedding has been nominated for 12 Goyas.
The Girlfriend (La Novia) has received more nominations for Spain’s most prestigious film awards than any other movie in their history.
The 30th annual Goyas awards ceremony takes place on February 6.
Paula Ortiz’s adaptation of Lorca’s tragedy will battle it out with Juliette Binoche’s Nobody Wants The Night (Nadie quiere la noche), which has nine nominations.
Other films in line for an award include the thriller The Unknown (El desconocido) and A Perfect Day (Un día perfecto).
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00