THE brother of notorious gangland figure Gerry ‘the Monk’ Hutch has been shot dead in Dublin.
In what is believed to be a revenge killing, four men drove up to Eddie Hutch Snr’s house, burst through the door and opened fire with handguns.
It is thought the killing of 50-year-old Hutch is in retaliation to the murder of Kinahan collector David Byrne on Friday.
Byrne died after gunman disguised as Irish police officers opened fire at a boxing weigh-in in Dublin, organised by MGM Marbella.
While police always insisted the killing was gang related, the Continuity IRA yesterday claimed responsibility for the murder of Byrne.
Father-of-five Eddie Hutch was not considered a violent criminal however was suspected of helping to launder some of the proceeds from his brother’s empire.
Last September, Eddie and Gerry Hutch’s nephew Gary Hutch was killed in his swimming pool in Marbella.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36